Mark Twain is known as a great story-teller. Here are few of his quotes which have amazing lessons on life.
1. "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
We have too much on our minds. Most of these are imaginary and, in high probability, negative. Most of us worry and live in fear of the future.
It is possible to let go of many of these "terrible things" by having the right attitude. Easier said than done but yet very much possible. Imbibe positivity in your lifestyle.
2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Live your dream. There is no greater happiness than in being able to do what you wish to do. However, you must do! Though security and safety are important aspects, but there is fun in taking calculated risks because life will not throw surprises than you can not handle.
3. “When people do not respect us we are sharply offended; yet in his private heart no man much respects himself.”
Shit happens…but there is no point in thinking about it much. Move on. You disrespect yourself more by thinking again and again about someone who disrespected you. You deserve better.
4. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
When thinks look complex and un-do- able then sit-down, take a deep breathe, plan, divide the complex beast into smaller manageable devils and handle the small stuff without much sweat. A drop added to a drop maketh an ocean. Learn the art of micro-planning and delegatory-execution.
5. “When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear.”
People are foolish when they are angry. They snap at others and only create more trouble in their life. Next time you’re angry, either count to four, or better yet, ten.
If this does not work, sleep on your decision. If it still does not work, then swear out loud. It works in 99% of cases.
6. “Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.”
Life's a bitch… a beautiful bitch! It is full of irrational unexpected outcomes which will many a times throw your best well planned stuff into the fastest spinning trajectory.
So never complain. Learn to ride the wild wind. Setback are the best learning experiences. The negative events in my life have had the tendency to blossom into positive ones.
7. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.”
Everything that breathes has fear. Whether the thing is poor or rich, struggling or successful – there is fear in everyone. The attitude and ability to deal with fear and failure is the determining factor and blessed is the soul who has mastered this attitude and ability. Be blessed by practicing the right attitude and by developing the ability.